Distribution and Logistics
East Tennessee’s excellent transportation system for moving goods, along with a growing and trainable workforce and a pro-business climate, makes it an ideal choice for the distribution/logistics sector.
The marketing strategy for this sector focuses on the unique combination of our geographic location, our transportation system, a growing and trainable workforce and a pro-business climate with favorable operating costs.
- Served by CSX and Norfolk Southern Railroads
- Barge service on the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway System
- Regional airport with more than 120 flights daily to 19 major U.S. destinations
- Up-to-date cargo freight complex
- U.S. Customs Port of Entry
- Foreign Trade Zone designation
- Interstate 40 in Tennessee has been named Best Road in the US for the 4th year in a row by Overdrive Magazine.
Third-Party Logistics (3PL's)